Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pin into Action! (02)

Today I tackled a simple project to re-use some paint chips that I had laying around!
The Paint Chips Garland:
I had pinned this just few days ago and I gave it my try, now I have a new member for my "Pins into Actions" board...and if you are on Pinterest you know how satisfatory that can be.

The original (click on Pinterest image to be brought to the tutorial):


My take:





Simplifying: punch (I only had a little heart punch, nicer if you have a medium size) a bunch of hearts from your paint chips, I kept them close to our kitchen colour scheme, picking the colours you like best is half the fun! Then "sew" them by hand in a little garland, fix your garland wherever you prefer with tape or little nails, pins or between two frames like in my case (I always felt the two little paintings where really looking a bit sad like that, so I love the result).
Done!

Do you like? Will you give it a try yourself?
It's so "petit", I love it :)

This post is taking part in this lovely parties:
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm Of Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage 
Simple&Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Catch As Catch Can @ My Repurposed Life 
EBTKS Link Party @ A Little Knick Knack 
Show Me Extrordinary @  The 36th Avenue

4 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love paint chips... they make me smile.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a cute post. I love how you used all the different colors too. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.
    Hope you come back again with all your creative ideas...

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, Thank You and thank you for hosting!

    Ciao Gail, nice to know you liked it!

    Josy, thank you again for hosting! And yes, I am a bit a colour matching fanatic lol

    ReplyDelete