Friday, March 30, 2012

Pin into Action! (01)

I have a favourite Pinterest board of mine, and it is the "Pins into Actions" one, unfortunately it's still quite a small one, containing mainly yummy recipes I tried...but today I added a new "trophy" to it, my version of this cute
Egg Carton Wreath:


A quick tutorial on my version:

The materials

I went to our cardboard recycle bin and got a few egg cartons in different colors and an old box, cutted a piece of the box so to have a square piece of cardbord to make the base of the wreath, while using the egg cartons to make the flowers. Get also a good and resistant pair of scissors, tempera or other coulours if you want, some craft glue (I used PVA glue, but I am sure you can use hot glue and others) and if you are really but really professional a precision cutter (but I used my cumbersome scissors for everything, so don't despair!).

Obtain the flowers from the egg cartons and with the spare pieces (the sides, for example) make some leaves too, draw two circles in different sizes in the cardboard and cut to obtain a wreath-like template (I used plates of different sizes to draw the two circles, lol).
Something like this (but probably better) should be the result:

Half way there...
Now, in the original tutorial you are supposed to use the colours and media you prefer to paint these flowers and let them dry then, but once I was done cutting I realised I really liked this colours as they were so I just started assembling the flowers with glue and then the most nerve wraking fun moment: put together your wreath as it pleases you more.

Out of focus detail...
My result:


Tadaaaaaan!

What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?
I will not tell you it was quick and easy, I am probably quite clumsy, although I love crafting, still it took me a good while, but I love it!
Let me know, and don't be to hard on me, please :)

I am gonna take part in these lovely parties, with this post:
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Simple&Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous 
Friday Feature Party @ Redoux
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm Of Home
Craft and Tell @ Cherished Bliss 
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

4 comments:

  1. Bravo!!! que coisa mais linda, parabéns!!!Abraços de coração Edna Das Catarinas . Até a próxima !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...fabulous! I really like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das Catrinas: I want to speak Portuguese :) Thank You, Obrigada. Gonna visit you.

    Elettra, grazie :) Un lavoraccio hahaha

    Grazie, Lili, vengo a trovarti :)

    ReplyDelete